Pages

Monday, July 14, 2008

Authority

sorry for the month off , just haven't been chugging along like usual so if your a loyal reader .. sorry!! (if you are comment more!).

something has stood out to me & it has been the topic lately so i figured this could be use to you.

JESUS - has all authority in Heaven & in earth

the centurion came to Jesus saying this ..


Mat 8:5-13
(5) And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,
(6) And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented.
(7) And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him.
(8) The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.
(9) For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.
(10) When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
(11) And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.
(12) But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
(13) And Jesus said unto the centurion, Go thy way; and as thou hast believed, so be it done unto thee. And his servant was healed in the selfsame hour.


YOU (and myself) ALL need an Authority which is a pastor to answer to. if we have no authority in our life we loose direction. as a human being we need direction and some one to give us direction - Jesus Christ & his under shepherd (pastor) is the ones that we ought to go to.

i leave you with this:

1Co 11:1 Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.

Heb 13:17 Obey them that have the rule over you, and submit yourselves: for they watch for your souls, as they that must give account, that they may do it with joy, and not with grief: for that is unprofitable for you.

God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fair Use Policy

Fair Use Policy

© W. Cooley 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without permission from W. Cooley is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that clear credit is given with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. All attempts have been made to accurately credit photos and material not written by W. Cooley. Photos taken from free photo sites and public domain. Our apologies for any errors in properly crediting photos or material. Errors will be corrected upon notification.