Pages

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

If my people, which are called by my name..

... shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land. (2 chronicles 7:14)

simply put this is an IF/THEN statement. my experience with programming is that is if the "if" statement is never validated then the "then" statement will be executed.

so i can look at this way (in my programming way)

IF my people, which are called by my name, shall ...
1. humble themselves, and
2. pray, and
3. seek my face, and
4. turn from their wicked ways;

THEN
1. will I hear from heaven, and
2. will forgive their sin, and
3. will heal their land.

(sometimes in this example there is an else if). Below are scriptures from various versions of the bible. i encourage all who study the bible to get in to the Greek or Hebrew and search it out for yourself when you take a translation at the word your believing the translator BUT when you get in to it and learn the Hebrew and Greek then you have more power to understand, and help others understand what scripture really means. here are the strong's numbers included in this particular scripture

If my people,H5971 whichH834 are called H7121 H5921 by my name,H8034 shall humble themselves,H3665 and pray,H6419 and seek H1245 my face, H6440 and turn H7725 from their wicked H7451 ways; H4480 H1870 then will I H589 hear H8085 from H4480 heaven, H8064 and will forgive H5545 their sin, H2403 and will heal H7495 (H853) their land. H776


Second Chronicles : Chapter Seven, Verse Fourteen

(BBE) If my people, on whom my name is named, make themselves low and come to me in prayer, searching for me and turning from their evil ways; then I will give ear from heaven, overlooking their sin, and will give life again to their land.

(Bishops) And if they that are of my people, among whom my name is called vpon, do humble them selues, and make intercession, and seke my presence, and turne from their wicked wayes: then will I heare from heauen, and be mercifull to their sinne, and will heale their lande.

(CEV) If my own people will humbly pray and turn back to me and stop sinning, then I will answer them from heaven. I will forgive them and make their land fertile once again.

(Darby) and my people, who are called by my name, humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin, and heal their land.

(DRB) And my people, upon whom my name is called, being converted, shall make supplication to me, and seek out my face, and do penance for their most wicked ways: then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sins and will heal their land.

(ESV) if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land.

(Geneva) If my people, among whome my Name is called vpon, doe humble them selues, and praye, and seeke my presence, and turne from their wicked wayes, then will I heare in heauen, and be mercifull to their sinne, & wil heale their land:

(GNB) if they pray to me and repent and turn away from the evil they have been doing, then I will hear them in heaven, forgive their sins, and make their land prosperous again.

(GW) However, if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves, pray, search for me, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear their prayer from heaven, forgive their sins, and heal their country.

(JPS) if My people, upon whom My name is called, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

(KJV) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

(KJV-1611) If my people which are called by my Name, shall humble themselues and pray, and seeke my face, and turne from their wicked wayes: then will I heare from heauen, and will forgiue their sinne, and will heale their land.

(KJVA) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

(KJVR) If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

(LITV) and My people, on whom My name is called, shall be humbled, and shall pray, and shall seek My face, and shall turn back from their evil ways, then I will hear from Heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

(MKJV) if My people, who are called by My name, shall humble themselves and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from Heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

(RV) if my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

(Webster) If my people, who are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

(YLT) and My people on whom My name is called be humbled, and pray, and seek My face, and turn back from their evil ways, then I--I hear from the heavens, and forgive their sin, and heal their land

1 comment:

Fair Use Policy

Fair Use Policy

© W. Cooley 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without permission from W. Cooley is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that clear credit is given with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. All attempts have been made to accurately credit photos and material not written by W. Cooley. Photos taken from free photo sites and public domain. Our apologies for any errors in properly crediting photos or material. Errors will be corrected upon notification.