Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

ALTAR CALL!!

this was pointed out Friday night, and brought me back to my youth ("back in my day ..." sort thing) and there is a young man who is always the FIRST to hit the altar. I am happy to see this, my youth group use to do this when i was about 16-18years of age, then some fell away from the awesome wonderfulness of God (why? i cant figure that out). i have some quotes in front of my bible and one of them is:

The Future of the Church is @ the altar

i truly believe that, our youth (and my gen - i'm still young!) need to know that the altar isn't just for sin or the sinner BUT for the saints (actually mostly for the saints). A thought came to me some time back and that was in the old testament (I'm sure this is right) if you wanted to be forgiven of a specific type of sin you had to lead your lamb, chicken or etc through town and EVERY one else knew the law and so when you trek through town heading for the temple they seen it. Today's time we think that if you go to the altar is for trouble or for seeking forgiveness - my friend its most certainly not. That place is the place of dedication and sacrifice - not just for the repenting of sin. healing, infilling of the holy ghost, dedication and renewals to God have happened there.

if you want to be in the future of the church you certainly can NOT do it with out an altar in your life - daily!

johnny James in-site:
two things to get through anything
1. prayer
2. preaching.

When we get comfortable we turn from something God holds dearly unto something such as puke or bile being spewed out of his mouth. God has NO respect for those riding the fence - living for God one day and the world the next. you can not serve two Gods and its either Jesus or World. Choose you this day whom you may serve.

Rev 3:15 I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
Rev 3:16 So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

(read the entire chapter, its quite good)
??IS HE YOUR FRIEND, OR A FRIEND OF A FRIEND??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fair Use Policy

Fair Use Policy

© W. Cooley 2012. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without permission from W. Cooley is prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that clear credit is given with appropriate and specific direction to the original content. All attempts have been made to accurately credit photos and material not written by W. Cooley. Photos taken from free photo sites and public domain. Our apologies for any errors in properly crediting photos or material. Errors will be corrected upon notification.